When I think of quick and easy meals, the first thing that comes to my mind is pasta. I found this sesame noodle dish recipe at the volunteer place I work.
I used everything from the recipe except the sesame oil and canola oil to make it even more healthy. You don’t even notice the difference.
– 1 pound of whole-wheat spagetti
– 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons of lime juice
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper
– 1 bunch of scallions, sliced, diveded
– 1/4 cups of fresh cilantro, divided
– 4 cups of snow peas, trimmed and sliced
– 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
– 1/2 cup of toasted sesame seeds
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook noodles for 9 -11 minutes or until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, then return the noodles to pot.
2. While the spaghetti is cooking, whisk the soy sauce, lime juice, crushed red bell pepper, 1/4 cup of scallions, and 2 tablespoons of cilantro in a medium bowl. Pour this dressing on the finished noodles, then add snow peas and bell pepper, and toss to coat.
3. Mix in the sesame seeds and garnish with the remaining scallions and cilantro and serve. Delicious.